- Non-psychoactive CBD lipid nanoparticles and the body’s endocannabinoid system could potentially unlock the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB) conundrum.
- Potential to treat the most debilitating central-nervous system diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Strokes, Multiple Sclerosis, and Epilepsy).
- Total annual cost to society: $800 Billion in the US alone
Research & Development
The Upaya Difference
In keeping with our mission of pioneering the use of plant medicine to bring holistic wellbeing, Upaya is embarked on an R&D program to fully understand, validate, and maximize the benefits of hemp-derived products.
Within the Research Framework we have partnered with the University of Buffalo and Buffalo Medical Research to build clinical data to illustrate the effectiveness of cannabinoid-based tinctures and topicals. This includes investigating certain specific pathologies, as we have received outstanding anecdotal evidence of efficacy regarding several such common conditions after use of our premium quality CBD products.
Upaya’s R&D program is being managed by Dr. Kini, Upaya's CEO and Clinical Lead and one of Upaya’s founding members. Dr. Kini is a major advocate for the advancement of medicinal cannabis and hemp use for children and adults. He created a medical technology incubator that includes telemedicine, drone medical deliveries, and heart attack predictive algorithms. He also developed one of the first network operations for remote doctor services.
Regenerative Agriculture & Carbon Sequestration
- Due to hemp’s deep root system, it is one of the most effective plants at sequestering carbon and implementing regenerative agriculture.
- Hemp captures anywhere between 8-15 tonnes of carbon per hectare whereas the average forest can only capture between 2-6 tonnes per hectare. (Carbon stored by just the top 30-40 cm of soil could offset the increase in annual carbon output.)
- Total annual cost related to hydrocarbon pollution: $820 Billion globally